Thursday - Friday, October 3-4
09.00 - 16.00
Elastic, Agile and adaptive Leadership Workshop, with Roy Osherove
This course is cancelled.
This is a two day course.
As managers, architects, and other types of technical team leaders, you usually learn the “what” of how your teams should work. You learn about methodologies, practices and techniques for delivering software.
Often, you leave courses on these topics with a great desire to “change” how things work, but soon discover you are “stuck”. Stuck convincing your team to adopt specific practices. Stuck by not having enough time to learn how to accomplish these practices (“we don’t have time for unit testing”). Stuck with all the people related aspects of leading a team.
In this workshop we will learn essential skills and techniques for leading software teams, based on elastic and adaptive leadership principles. You will gain the skills to make real change happen in your team, and to grow the team you want from the team you have.
1. Learn about the three basic team modes: Survival mode, Learning mode and Self Organization Mode. Learn how to know which mode your team is in right now.
2. Learn essential skills for the three modes of leadership you will need for the three phases of the team: Command and control leadership, Coaching and facilitative leadership.
3. Learn how to change anything by understanding why people behave they way they do, and understanding the six influence forces that affect our behavior.
4. Participate in engaging exercises that will examine your skills at the various leadership modes.
All students get a PDF of all the slides in the course, in downloadable form.
Agenda - Day 1 (09:00-16:00)
1. The role of the leader, and the leader’s manifesto
2. Introduction to elastic leadership
3. The three team and leadership modes
4. Focusing on Survival mode and how to get out of it
5. Exercises on survival mode
6. Commitment Language
7. Exercises on Commitment Language
Agenda - Day 2 (09:00-16:00)
1. The Learning Mode, and the coaching leader
2. How we learn
3. How to grow people
4. Delegation as growth tool
5. “What are you going to do about it?”
6. Exercises in delegation
7. Team Homework
8. Clearing Meetings and growth meters
9. Influence Forces
10. Exercises in influence forces
11. Team Dysfunctions
About Roy Osherove
Roy Osherove is the chief scientist at Bouvet.no, and the author of The Art Of Unit Testing and Notes to a software team leader. He is also one of the original ALT.NET organizers. He is now in the process of writing a book on Beautiful Builds.
He consults and trains teams worldwide on the gentle art of unit testing, test-driven development and how to lead software teams. He frequently speaks at international conferences on these topics and others.
Please note that the registration is a pre-registration. You will be able to pay via invoice, if you want.
The course includes documentation, coffee/tea and lunch
Wednesday, June 03
scaling, people, management, lean, agile
Tuesday, June 16
targeting, management, entrepreneur, business, accelerate
Tuesday, June 02
scaling, people, management, company culture, communication, agile