Funky Barrel AI Monkeys,
Expect responsive, bubbly and snappy atmosphere at this debate event arranged and hosted by Barrel AI and Critical Tech communities in cooperation. Both communities consist of most amazing disruptive tech enthusiasts and we are both serving AI enlightening gatherings but there is one and not rule-based differentiator between us: Barrel AI is “Yes we can” while Critical Tech “But should we and how?”. Powerful AI, Good AI, Scary AI? Machine Ethics? In AI we trust? Artificial Stupidity? As AI keeps on evolving so are the application fields expanding not to forget the impact of false positives. Max Tegmark addresses the momentum very adequately
“Everything we love about civilization is a product of intelligence, so amplifying our human intelligence with artificial intelligence has the potential of helping civilization flourish like never before – as long as we manage to keep the technology beneficial.“
So let’s put up the stage for the event that will challenge both communities, Critical Tech & Barrel AI.
- An inhouse Machine learning evolution & Machine ethics tennis court will be setup.
- As you arrive to the event you will be assigned to YES or NO group and be seated at the YES or NO side of the tennis net.
- There will be 10-15 AI/ML “sensitive questions”.
- YES side will make sure to defend the question objective while NO side will be opposing it.
- Line judge Jenny will raise the questions and throw a ball to both sides controlling the debate rules: max 10min per question and max 1min per enthusiast.
Come and contribute to this two sides of AI arguments debate and get the adrenaline kick boosted!
J, M & M AI Monkeys and D, S & F Critical Techies
17:50 – 18:00 Grouping into YES or NO
18:00 – 19:00 Game set 1
19:00 – 19:15 Refreshment break (pizza & beverages)
19:15 – 20:00 Game set 2
20:00 – 22:00 Reflections and beer/wine at Green Lion Inn (across the bridge)